About Our California Court Reporting Services
101 Montgomery Street | Suite 450 | San Francisco, CA 94104 — 415.274.9977 | [email protected]
Capital Reporting Company® is the “Gold Standard” when it comes to legal transcription services in San Francisco. Certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a women-owned company, Capital is the largest independent court reporting and court transcription services firm in the San Francisco area.
Our mission is simple: to provide an accurate legal transcript at an affordable price. To help maintain our reliability and accuracy, we do not outsource our work overseas. All court transcribers are in the U.S. which helps us minimize errors due to language and cultural differences. The result is that we maintain a very high level of accuracy in our work. We have offices in Washington, D.C.; Virginia (Alexandria and Tysons Corner); Maryland (Baltimore and Greenbelt); Pennsylvania (Philadelphia); New York (New York City); Illinois (Chicago); Georgia (Atlanta); Massachusetts (Boston) and California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Rafael, and Oakland). Anywhere you need transcription services, we’re here to serve you!
How Do Capital’s Rates Compare?
Our rates are extremely reasonable and tend to be lower than our competitors. But, we are not “cheap.” Your client will not be well served if you do not have an accurate transcript. Our company is unique in that we do not outsource our work internationally. Because our transcribers are based within the continental United States, we do not have errors due to language and cultural differences.
Additionally, Capital Reporting Company® does not charge for our online repository, minuscripts, ASCII disks/CDs, or have any other hidden surcharges. When investigating rates from different companies, make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
To see a complete listing of our transcription rates, please download our transcription brochure.
How Do I Get Started?
Begin by contacting Elizabeth Davis either by phone or email. Elizabeth works with hundreds of reporters and transcribers nationally depending on where your firm is located. We will ask you for the following information:
- Your firm & contact information
- Format of your transcription job (digital file, cassette tape, mini-cassette, VHS, DVD, CD, etc.)
- Itemized list of what you would like us to transcribe. Please include the length of your project, and if there is audio on both sides of the audio tapes (if applicable).
- Turn around time (if you don’t see the turn around time you need listed above, just let us know, and we’ll make it happen!)
- Supporting information: Case Caption (if applicable), speaker list, technical word/acronym list.
- If no information is provided to us, we will identify the speakers as Speaker 1, Speaker 2, Speaker 3, etc.
- In order to avoid an editing fee, the above listed items are recommended.
- Final format: What format would you like your final version in? Our standard package is a full transcript, a minuscript, and an ASCII CD.
Upon receiving all of the information, Capital Reporting Company® will promptly email you a confirmation containing all of the above information.
How Do I Upload My File To You?
In order to prevent losing valuable time transporting your files to us, we recommend sending us your files via www.YouSendIt.com. Please call the office for the login information.
If your job is not able to be submitted through www.YouSendIt.com, a physical mailing address will be provided to you at the time of the confirmation. For security reasons, please only mail us a copy of your file. Capital will not return the audio file, unless requested by the client.
When transcribing your file, our goal is to create for you a 100% accurate file. Poor audio, lack of supporting information, and overlapping speakers will hinder our ability to provide you with the best product possible. Please check all audio files before uploading or mailing them to us. In some cases, the audio will have to be enhanced in order to remove additional background noise, or static. We’d be happy to help. Just give us a call, and we could provide you with a quote to enhance your audio!
However, if a job is received and the audio is in poor shape, Capital Reporting Company® has the right to refuse the job. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a quality product, and don’t want to take on a job unless we know we can produce an accurate record.
For more information, please download our transcription brochure. Or, you may call 866-448-DEPO (3376) or Contact Us.
- Transcription Virginia
- Transcription Maryland
Frequently searched terms:
- Washington D.C. Transcription
- Washington D.C. Transcriber
- Transcription Washington D.C.
- Transcriber Washington D.C.